“A 9 years old girl was standing outside her classroom, upon asking the reason she told that she was not able to answer the question in Hindi but answered it in her own language which the teacher did not understand and thought that the girl has not studied. And hence as a punishment she was made to stand outside the class. “
Shiksharth is a not-for-profit organization working towards improving the quality of education in rural and tribal areas through action-based research, design and implementation. Currently we are operational out of the tribal Chhattisgarh in Sukma, South Bastar which has been struggling with Left wing Extremism. Shiksharth at the core believes in community led model of education and is currently working on ways by which community, its wisdom, culture and customs can be contextually incorporated in classrooms content and pedagogy. Their major focus areas of work are:
- Creating excellent teaching practices through contextual pedagogy for students in tribal and rural areas.
- Designing efficient and effective solutions for the government and district education administration to improve the quality of efforts being put in by them.
- Create a platform for Community to contribute towards the holistic development of the child
- Create documented repository of tribal history and culture
- Promote and advocate multilingual education.
- Empower public education system especially focused on tribal and rural parts of country